The rules are pretty simple. Only (1) and (2) are mandatory.
(1) To count for the challenge, books have to be published before 2016 AND be on your TBR list or pile. In other words, you don’t have to own it. If it’s been on your list to read, and it’s older than 2016, it counts. Library books, books you picked up at a yard sale, books you borrowed from a friend, ebooks, print books, audiobooks — any book counts as long as it fits those two criteria.
(2) Create a goals or sign-up post on your blog or wherever you post your reviews. If you can, please include a link to this post! Then link your sign-up post where you see the “Add your link” button below. (Please link the actual goals/sign-up post, not your home page.) You can set your own goal, and you can list the books you want to read, or leave it up to your mood at the time — as long as they’re on your TBR list. You can sign up through December 1, 2017; after that, the sign-up link will be closed.
(3)Review the books you read, and post the links on the review linky. Actually, you can do the challenge without writing reviews, but the review links are your entries for the year-end giveaway (a $10 gift certificate.) Reviews don’t have to be long, just a few sentences is fine. You can post them on Goodreads or LibraryThing if you don’t have a blog.
(4)On or after the end of the year, post a wrap-up post to let us know how you did! I’ll create a link-up post for the wrap-up posts, too. Again, this one isn’t absolutely necessary, but I hope you’ll do it anyway, just for the fun of looking back and seeing your accomplishment!
So my participation in this challenge will be stated below:
- My goals for this Backlist Reader Challenge 2017 will be 50 books. That’s half of my Goodreads Challenge Books.
- My argument for this number of books is that I’ve got a lot of books on my TBR published before 2016. But I would also like to read new releases. So for me this is a safe number. For every new release [2016/2017] I will at least read one book published before 2016 and on my TBR.
- I will use #TBRC2017 on my What about that bookchallenge 2017? and the monthly pages like January 2017. Every book published before 2016 will get that extra hashtag behind it. I’ve already started the first one I can count for this challenge: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!!
- I’ll make a special The Backlist Reader Challenge Page to track my progress =]
In case you’ve missed these:
- December Wrap-Up + January TBR.
- What about that bookchallenge 2016 + goal 2017.
- Sunday Post #22. January 1, 2017
- B-day & X-MAS Book Haul.
- What about that bookchallenge 2017?