The Sunday Post is a weekly meme originally from Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things I have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on my blog.
Hey you all, I’m so sorry for being absent these past few weeks. I haven’t been in my writing mood for a couple of months, but I been completely absent the past few weeks… So I’m gonna give you a recap of how these past 3 weeks have been for me…
So I started the week, 3 weeks ago, with going back to my speech therapist again. Yes, I stutter and yes, it will never go away completely… No big deal for me, but the techniques I learn there, help me in my daily life. I also went to the doctor’s for the pain in my right calf muscle.. He didn’t see anything, gave me painkillers and said it would go away… I got a bit irritated again, because it was blue, swollen and that’s the answer I almost always get.
School that week wasn’t very excited, I didn’t have a model so I had to train on my exercise head again. Did break my own record in doing a perm. We have to roll a complete perm in an hour max, and I did it in 50 minutes, my record was 52 =]
Thursday I had my last Taekwondo training before my exam on Friday. It was good to go over everything I had to do like kicks, techniques and walking my daeguk. Afterwards we went for a drink in town. It was really fun to socialize with the group and build my friendship with them. They told me the sweetest thing!! They said I was a really good and fun addition for the team =] To hear that makes me feel really good. I’ve lived in this area for three years now and still haven’t got any friends. So it really did do me good =] I’m happy to have found that group of people and really like them =]
So Friday was the big day for me. My first Taekwondo exam. It was really tough on my stamina hahahahah… I did make a few dumb mistakes. Like with the sparring part, I don’t have any protection yet, so I kicked against an elbow, it hurts like shit, and guess what… a minute later I kicked with my other foot against the other elbow.. So it gave me two very blue feet, a few bruises on my arms and shins and the worst part to tell you guys… Before sparring I had to show kicking techniques on pillows my friend [she’s a black belt] held up. But she held up two for a jumping kick and because of my calf muscle I calculated my jumped kick to land on my left leg. But in
the heat of the battle I had to do a double jumped kick aaaaaannddd landed on my right leg… So I have a tear in my MCL- or more commonly known as my inner knee ligament [just found that out last Tuesday by the way] – I felt it snap and had to spar after that… whoops… But all in all it was worth it and I passed!! Check out the picture above!!
That weekend we visited mu aunt and her wife. I was sore, bruised and tired, but most of all sad… It was the first time being there and Simba not greeting us… She was their dog and child.. She was 14, but 4 in spirit… I got the news while doing groceries the weekend before. It broke me, I grew up with Simba. Think about it she was 14, I’m 24 years… So that was a weird and emotional weekend….
After this busy week it got boring and painful… I couldn’t go to Taekwondo for a while [that while ain’t over yet, sadly] and that made me miss my friends and my two occasions of getting out of the house in the week… It also screwed my schedule.. I just got used to working out twice a week, and that made me feel good.. Now that’s gone for a while and that makes me sad and restless.. I feel stuck in my house, especially with my knee… So no Taekwondo, a lot of job hunting and school this week was with my exercise head again. This wasn’t for the fact I couldn’t find a model, but because we got a colouring demo and a test run with water mixed with a hair mask on our exercise heads…. It was a lot of information, but exciting to start colouring other’s hair =]…
Then the real fun began.. Hello to having a fucking fever for four days =/ it was good for my bingewatching as you can see from Thursday through Sunday hahahahaaa… So that wraps up the first two weeks…
So last week was kind of exciting for the family. On Monday my father-in-law got a new pacemaker. That’s always a tricky thing in my opinion… But it went very well and he’s doing better after having the surgery.. So the rest of the week was me limping, me job hunting, me doing a mini makeover with a haircut on my model [and she’s going for another haircut and a perm in april woohoo], me giving my father-in-law a haircut after the hairdresser didn’t do a great job and asked me to do it. He was happy with it and so was I. I haven’t had training in cutting a man’s hair [will cover it in the second year] and he was my first male haircut =] I’m glad I can learn from the saying ‘Monkey see, monkey do’ hahahaha..
Today was a slow day. Had a tough night sleeping.. Because of the stinging pain in my leg and my bf woke me up twice. He couldn’t sleep so the first was because of the light of the TV [my mask had slipped from my eyes] and the second time because he felt like eating Oreo’s and ripping the package. And I can guarantee you, plastic ain’t silent xD So I had a tough time falling asleep again after the Oreo incident and that kept me up for 45 minutes again… Finally fell asleep and got some more hours luckily.. But I’m still tired as shit and so today wasn’t a very quick day… Watched some Grimm episodes, prepped some review posts to finish them – hopefully tomorrow – and made fresh tomato soup… Guess what.. I forgot my soup veggies =/ the most essential ingredient… So I had soup with meat and pasta today and will buy the veggies and add them tomorrow hahahaha… I am glad I finally caught up with my blog again and have the motivation to write my reviews again… Not in the same speed as before, but I’m getting there..
So I hope you have had a great time and will have in the coming week =]
So because of all of the above, no posts since my last Sunday Post =[ But I’m trying very hard to do some posts next week and catch up with my Top Ten Tuesdays. I hope I can do them all, but I’m not going to promise anything. My game hasn’t been good the last few months and it’s taking me a while to get it back. I hope you will forgive me for posting so little, but as I’ve explained in the Life section of this post, life ain’t easy these days…
Coming next week – in no particular order of reviews or memes and such:
- #73 First Year.
- #74 Non-Heir.
- #75 Apprentice.
- #76 Caraval.
- TTT#21 Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books I’ve Read In The Past Year Or So.
- TTT#22 FREEBIE.
- TTT#23 All about the visuals: Top Ten Favorite Graphic Novels/Comics or Ten Comics on My TBR or Top Ten Favorite Picture Books.
- TTT#24 Top Ten Books I Wish Had (More/Less) X In Them.
- TTT#25 All About Romance Tropes/Types.
- TTT#26 Ten Books I Loved Less/More Than I Thought I Would (recently or all time).
- Most Anticipated Releases January 2017.
- January Haul.
- January Wrap-Up + February TBR.
I did do a lot of reading these past few weeks. =] Good books will keep you reading on hahaha… So I finished Carve the Mark on January 29 and The Tales of Beedle the Bard on February 4. Since then I’ve read The Gender Secret and The Gender Lie by Bella Forrest, Haven by Katherine Bogle from a review copy, Caraval by Stephanie Garber and First Year, Non-Heir, and Apprentice by Rachel E. Carter. I’m really excited by and in love with The Black Mage series by Rachel E. Carter =] It’s sooooo good!!!!
My next reads will be Candidate, and Last Stand by Rachel E. Carter, Passenger, and Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken and if I make it this month The Gender War by Bella Forrest… The Gender Secret series is also really, really good!!!
Goodreads Reading Challenge 2017 Update: 18/100 books
The Backlist Reader Challenge 2017 Update: 9/50 books, 0 reviews yet
What are you reading??
- Monday Jan 30, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E11: Ted
- Monday Jan 30, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E12: Bad Eggs
- Monday Jan 30, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E13: Surprise (1)
- Monday Jan 30, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E14: Innocence (2)
- Tuesday Jan 31, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E15: Phases
- Tuesday Jan 31, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E16: Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
- Tuesday Jan 31, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E17: Passion
- Tuesday Jan 31, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E18: Killed by Death
- Tuesday Jan 31, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E19: I Only Have Eyes For You
- Wednesday Feb 1, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E20: Go Fish
- Wednesday Feb 1, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E21: Becoming (1)
- Wednesday Feb 1, Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E22: Becoming (2)
- Thursday Feb 2, NCIS S2E1: See No Evil
- Thursday Feb 2, NCIS S2E2: The Good Wives Club
- Thursday Feb 2, NCIS S2E3: Vanished
- Friday Feb 3, NCIS S2E4: Lt. Jane Doe
- Friday Feb 3, NCIS S2E5: The Bone Yard
- Friday Feb 3, Brooklyn Nine-Nine S2E2: Chocolate Milk
- Monday Feb 6, NCIS S2E6: Terminal Leave
- Monday Feb 6, NCIS S2E7: Call of Silence
- Monday Feb 6, NCIS S2E8: Heart Break
- Monday Feb 6, NCIS S2E9: Forced Entry
- Monday Feb 6 NCIS S2E10: Chained
- Monday Feb 6, NCIS S2E11: Black Water
- Monday Feb 6, NCIS S2E12: Doppelgänger
- Tuesday Feb 7, NCIS S2E13: The Meat Puzzle
- Wednesday Feb 8, NCIS S2E14: Witness
- Thursday Feb 9, NCIS S2E15: Caught on Tape
- Thursday Feb 9, NCIS S2E16: Pop Life
- Thursday Feb 9, NCIS S2E17: An Eye for an Eye
- Thursday Feb 9, NCIS S2E18: Bikini Wax
- Thursday Feb 9, NCIS S2E19: Conspiracy Theory
- Friday Feb 10, NCIS S2E20: Red Cell
- Friday Feb 10, NCIS S2E21: Hometown Hero
- Friday Feb 10, NCIS S2E22: SWAK
- Friday Feb 10, NCIS S2E23: Twilight
- Friday Feb 10, NCIS S3E1: Kill Ari (1)
- Friday Feb 10, NCIS S3E2: Kill Ari (2)
- Friday Feb 10, Grimm S4E1: Thanks for the Memories
- Friday Feb 10, Grimm S4E2: Octopus Head
- Friday Feb 10, Grimm S4E3: The Last Fight
- Friday Feb 10, Grimm S4E4: Dyin’ on a Prayer
- Friday Feb 10, Grimm S4E5: Cry Luison
- Friday Feb 10, Grimm S4E6: Highway of Tears
- Saturday Feb 11, Grimm S4E7: The Grimm Who Stole Christmas
- Saturday Feb 11, Grimm S4E8: Chupacabra
- Saturday Feb 11, Grimm S4E9: Wesenrein
- Saturday Feb 11, Grimm S4E10: Tribunal
- Saturday Feb 11, Grimm S4E11: Death Do Us Part
- Saturday Feb 11, Grimm S4E12: Maréchaussée
- Saturday Feb 11, Grimm S4E13: Trial by Fire
- Saturday Feb 11, Grimm S4E14: Bad Luck
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S4E15: Double Date
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S4E16: Heartbreaker
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S4E17: Hibernaculum
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S4E18: Mishipeshu
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S4E19: Iron Hans
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S4E20: You Don’t Know Jack
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S4E21: Headache
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S4E22: Cry Havoc
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S5E1: The Grimm Identity
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S5E2: Clear and Wesen Danger
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S5E3: Lost Boys
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S5E4: Maiden Quest
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S5E5: Rat King
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S5E6: Wesen Nacht
- Sunday Feb 12, Grimm S5E7: Eve of Destruction
- Tuesday Feb 14, Grimm S5E8: A Reptile Dysfunction
- Wednesday Feb 15, Grimm S5E9: Star-Crossed
- Friday Feb 17, Grimm S5E10: Map of the Seven Knights
- Sunday Feb 19, Grimm S5E11: Key Move
- Sunday Feb 19, Grimm S5E12: Into the Schwarzwald
- Sunday Feb 19, Grimm S5E13: Silence of the Slams
With the bf:
- Tuesday Feb 7, Last Man Standing S1E1: Pilot
- Tuesday Feb 7, Last Man Standing S1E2: Last Baby Proofing Standing
- Tuesday Feb 7, Last Man Standing S1E3: Grandparents Day
- Sunday Feb 12, Last Man Standing S1E4: Last Halloween Standing
- Sunday Feb 12, Last Man Standing S1E5: Co-Ed Softball
- Sunday Feb 12, Last Man Standing S1E6: Good Cop, Bad Cop
- Sunday Feb 12, Last Man Standing S1E7: Home Security
- Wednesday Feb 15, Life in Pieces S1E1: Pilot
- Wednesday Feb 15, Life in Pieces S1E2: Interrupts Prison Breast Movin’
- Thursday Feb 16, Last Man Standing S1E8: House Rules
- Saturday Feb 18, Last Man Standing S1E9: Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
- Saturday Feb 18, Last Man Standing S1E10: Last Christmas Standing
- Saturday Feb 18, Last Man Standing S1E11: The Passion of the Mandy
- Sunday Feb 19, Last Man Standing S1E12: Moon Over Kenya
- Sunday Feb 19, Last Man Standing S1E13: Take Your Daughter to Work
In case you’ve missed these:
- Sunday Post #26. January 29
- Sunday Post #25. January 22
- Sunday Post #23 & #24. January 8 & 15
- #72 The Diabolic.
- TTT#20 Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To (But TOTALLY plan to).