The Sunday Post is a weekly meme originally from Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things I have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on my blog.
So this week was weird… Had a few stressed out days, but recovered with reading a lot… My bf started working again after having the flu, but was so tired he slept for 13/14 hours straight on Thursday and Friday… He always takes a nap after an early shift, but those two days he slept all the way until next night [he needs to get up at 4 for an early shift =o…] So I didn’t see him much this week, and the two before because of the flu… He likes to sleep a lot, but results in sleeping during the day and being awake when I’m asleep at night… But our three-year anniversary is coming up on Thursday =] We did have dinner at his parents’ tonight and it was cozy again =]… His grandma’s b-day will be next week too =] So I hope it will be a good week next week…
I’m excited for my Taekwondo exam on Feb 3rd !!!! =] =] =] I’m training twice a week, as usual, but it’s not all fun right now… Not because of the exam though… But my Achilles is swollen and the pain is now also in my calf and shin =/ So I’m walking with a limp, once again…. Doesn’t help that my knee is swollen too…. =[ And with no actual cause other than Hypermobility Syndrome… Makes me experience pain without a clear reason… Walked with a brace and sling on my left wrist for a year and a half [I’m a leftie, so that sucked balls] and the doctors were like; we can’t see anything wrong, take an aspirin -_-‘ Story of my life I guess…. So I read just a bit more to keep my head somewhere else…. And not moving helps hahahaha
On other exciting thing was my school night… I DID MY FIRST HAIRCUT AND IT WAS GOOD!!!!! Yeah, it did need some advice, because of things we hadn’t learned in class before hahaha… But after the advice and last corrections [styling wise tips to get a nicer result, no mistakes were made yay me!!] I rocked the haircut =] I’m really happy about that and it counts for my final exam!! So this week will be an exercise week for me, with a model, but no result other than a good blow out.. The week after will be tricky in finding a model again… Need to do a full perm on a woman with the right hair length… already terrified hahaha
I hope all of you have a great week and will empower the rest of the world like you did with the Women’s March.. That had an incredible impact… I loved the Harry Potter signs, the puns from Sir Ian McKellan and Melissa Benoist and all the Pussy Hats =] Keep up the empowerment!!
Goodreads Reading Challenge update: 8/100 books
The Backlist Reader Challenge update: 6/50 books
This weeks posts: [sadly only one, due to my stressed week]
- Sunday Post #25. January 22
Coming next week:
- TTT#21 Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books I’ve Read In The Past Year Or So
- TTT#22 FREEBIE — that super specific list you want to make?? All yours to tackle this week!
- Tv Thursday #7. Week 3 [will try again to remember making this one]
- Sunday Post #26. January 29
Reviews maybe to come:
- Sara Raasch – Snow Like Ashes
- Sara Raasch – Icicles Like Kindling
- C.L. Lynch – Chemistry
So I did a lot of reading this week and I like it. I’m still busy in Tales of Beedle the Bard. My plan was a story a day, but I forgot to do that and will have to continue next week hahaha… I’m almost finished in Breath of Fire by Amanda Bouchet and I love it so much!!!! I did finish Snow Like Ashes, which left me yearning for more, but I’m on a bit of a book buy ban =[… I did read Icicles Like Kindling today after I’d finished Snow Like Ashes… Tomorrow I’ll be starting Carve the Mark and will finish Breath of Fire..
I got into some ARC and street teams of some wonderful female authors and can’t wait to read their books as well.. I’m talking about Rebecca Hamilton, Laxmi Hariharan, Rachel E. Carter, Kat Ross and K.N. Lee.. I also got a few nice looking/sounding books from Instafreebie. It’s a great platform for authors who don’t have the biggest spotlight… I think I’m gonna make some Author Spotlight posts, if I won’t forget haha… But they are amazing people and deserve some publicity =]
- Monday Jan 16, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E5: Fail-Safe
- Monday Jan 16, House of Cards S2E1: Chapter 14
- Tuesday Jan 17, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E6: Star City 2046
- Wednesday Jan 18, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E7: Marooned
- Wednesday Jan 18, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E8: Night of the Hawk
- Thursday Jan 19, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E9: Left Behind
- Thursday Jan 19, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E10: Progeny
- Thursday Jan 19, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E11: The Magnificent Eight
- Thursday Jan 19, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E12: The Refuge
- Friday Jan 20, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E13: Leviathan
- Friday Jan 20, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E14: River of Time
- Friday Jan 20, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E15: Destiny
- Friday Jan 20, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow S1E16: Legendary
- Friday Jan 20, CSI S2E9: And Then There Were None
- Friday Jan 20, CSI S2E10: Ellie
- Saturday Jan 21, CSI S2E11: Organ Grinder
- Saturday Jan 21, CSI S2E12: You’ve Got Male
- Sunday Jan 22, CSI S2E13: Identity Crisis
- Sunday Jan 22, CSI S2E14: The Finger
- Sunday Jan 22, CSI S2E15: Burden of Proof
- Sunday Jan 22, CSI S2E16: Primum Non Nocere
With the boyfriend:
- Tuesday Jan 17, Modern Family S8E6: Grab It
- Tuesday Jan 17, Modern Family S8E7: Thanksgiving Jamboree
Woohoo I got my copy of Carve the Mark… A day late, thanks to my delivery service… She left the note with ‘nobody at home’, but my boyfriend was waiting for her [had to go to an appointment myself], and my neighbours were at home too.. Next day she wanted to dash again, but I got up from deep sleep very quickly, opened the door and she was cranky in pushing the package into my hands… I filed a complaint the previous day…. she never did this before and I’m sorry that it had to go this way…. I hope she won’t do this again in the future. But for now I’m very happy with my beautiful hard copy of this beauty… Will start reading it tomorrow =]
In case you’ve missed these:
- Sunday Post #23 & #24. January 8 & 15
- #72 The Diabolic.
- The Backlist Reader Challenge 2017.
- TTT#20 Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To (But TOTALLY plan to).
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Awesomeness!!